• Categories

• Archives

Smoothie Shakedown Ritz

Edge On Health Blog

Make Varicose Veins Vanish

varicose veins natural solutionA powerful healing secret to beautiful legs.

There is probably not a more frustrating topic than unsightly varicose veins, especially this time a year when you often have no choice but to have your legs on display. It’s starting to become a major source of concern among so many of my female clients. Females are much more likely to develop these veins— about three times more likely, to be exact— since one of the biggest risk factors is pregnancy, along with getting older, lack of exercise, and getting heavier.

Plus if your oral hygiene is less than optimal, you may also be at risk of developing varicose veins despite your gender. Researchers have discovered that nearly half of all varicose veins contain the exact same kind of bacteria that triggers periodontal disease. Those same bacteria settle on the valves that assist the blood that flows through your legs back up to your heart. When those valves are infected with the periodontal bacteria, they can quickly lose their seal-making ability across the vein. So, rather than flowing uphill, the blood starts to pool downhill.

The result? Veins that are stretched out with damaged cellular walls. Could this also be the reason why so many of us are seeing so many spots and spider veins below the knee?

Whatever the real cause, women are embarrassed and go to great lengths to conceal the blue bulging appearance of varicosities. While surgery is definitely an option for many, surgical procedures do not address the underlining reason that made the varicose veins develop in the first place. And even if the surgery was successful —as it sometimes is— it does not insure that new veins will not develop.

The appearance and discomfort of varicose veins are simply an outward reflection of what is going on inside. You will be surprised, as I was, to discover another piece of the puzzle— overlooked and ignored research that may be a hugely important, forgotten key to healthy veins.

Vitamin K-2

Yes, it is the same vitamin complex that targets calcium absorption directly into the bone: K-2. This vitamin complex plays a crucial role in the biochemical process which produces a substance called MGP (matrix GLA protein) which prevents the calcification of arteries when fully activated. Concurrently, another compound called osteocalcin stimulates the calcification of bones.

Without enough K2, calcium can easily exit the bones and clog up arteries.

The same mechanism which causes the arteries to harden can also occur in the veins. When K2 is deficient, the veins get coated with the calcium which was meant to be deposited in the bones.

So, it stands to reason that taking supplemental vitamin K-2 can help the varicose veins from developing and it will also help to protect the veins that are already there while starting the repair process. It is so much easier to prevent the calcification process in the first place, than undoing it later.

When my clients ask me about a formula for varicose veins, I typically recommend Osteo-Key, the same formula that I developed for daily bone protection. It contains the research-based formulation of Vitamin K-2 (known as MK-7) providing the optimum dosage of 150 mcg daily. This formula also contains the most absorbable form of calcium (microcrystalline hydroxyapatite) to provide a daily 800 mg of elemental calcium with 400 mg magnesium, 150 mg silica, 3 mg boron, 40 mg manganese, and 20 mg zinc which constitute one powerhouse of synergistic bone building minerals.

You don’t have to be embarrassed by veiny veins anymore. Attractive, healthier legs are just a click away.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Anti-Aging, Women's Health and tagged , , , .

20 Responses to "Make Varicose Veins Vanish"

1. Sherrie says:

I have veins on my face. what will help with them?

• Sierra says:

I would try a super antioxidant formula like Oxi-Key, and certainly wear a stylish hat when you’re out in the sun!

2. Lisa says:

For the Webmaster:

Could you please add to the “Share” options to include other email options besides Google? I am a Yahoo user. And also the ability to bookmark in Chrome? Thanks!

3. Carol says:

I have used Vitamin K-2 (MK-7) for years in my bone building regimen and I still have unsightly spider veins and conspicuous veins on my feet. I would say that I have good dental hygeine as well. I don’t thing this is the solution for everyone, unfortunately.
    A dermatologist once told me to blame my ancestry.

• Sierra says:

I’m sure that ancestry and family history play a large role in this, but it doesn’t hurt to do all that we can!

4. Joan says:

Please add more Share options so I cam email this to me and others.
    Are you aware that this does not print out?
    There are many times I would like a copy and it will just print the ads.

5. Administrator says:

Hi Lisa – thanks for your feedback!

Joan – you can currently email the article if you have a Gmail account by clicking the red envelope icon at the top or bottom of the article in the cluster of share buttons. Or, you can just copy the URL and paste into an email. To print, if you click on the small printer icon to the right of the date at the top of the article it will display a printer-friendly version!

6. Marion Morris says:

My parents were recently told by their doctor that there is a cancer risk in taking calcium suppliments. Is this true? They also were told that calcium suppliments conflict the absorption of vitimans d so they shouldn’t take it.

• Sierra says:

Hi Marion, I have also seen this study, and to me it holds weight. With the extensive Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis that we do, it is apparent that many individuals have excess tissue calcium, which can affect the adrenals, thyroid, metabolism, and the absorption of other nutrients. Balance is key- that is why the HTMA is so helpful!

7. Shellie R says:

Be careful those of you who are copper toxic! MK-7 is made from soy. Suggestions for K2 supplementation for those of us who are copper toxic? I see that MK-4 is animal-based, but can’t find any K2 supplements that are made strictly from that.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!

• Sierra says:

My opinion is that the MK-7 would be such an insignificant source of soy in your diet that it should not by any means affect your copper level. You can monitor your mineral levels with a Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis to be sure. Also, you can note that all UNI KEY brand supplements are GMO free, which is often a major concern when it comes to soy.

8. Mel B says:

Dr. Mercola has a good K2 product.

9. Mary says:

In reference to varicose veins, this comment was made:”Researchers have discovered that nearly half of all varicose veins contain the exact same kind of bacteria that triggers periodontal disease.” I would like to know the name of that bacteria. I’m battling varicose veins and would like to be tested for the presence of that bacteria by way of autonomic response testing.

• Sierra says:

I believe it is Streptococcus parasanguinis bacteria. The Expanded GI Panel through UNI KEY will detect this bacteria if present.

10. Marina says:

Can one take Osteo-Key in addition to six UniKey Female Multiple capsules per day?
    Also, is there a reason that UniKey Female Multiple contains vitamin K and not K2?
    Would supplementing with K2 be helpful to those individuals whose joint problems are due to calcium deposits? And for those individuals whose HTMA shows calcium dominant to other minerals?
    Thank you! Interesting subject!

• liz says:

Phytonadine,vitamin K1,that is in the Female Multi, is found in a natural state in plants, and is the way we ingest vitamin k through foods.At some point it may be changed to Vit K2 in the formula

11. Colleen says:

What is the effect of taking K2 on periodontal disease since the Streptococcus parasanguinis bacteria is the same as what build up in the vein to cause vericose veins?