• Categories

• Archives

Smoothie Shakedown Cindy

Edge On Health Blog

My Fat Flush Soup Diet

Celebrate the flavors of fall.

My Fat Flush Soup is “briskly” simmering on stoves across the nation.

Introduced in Woman’s World Magazine last October, issues quickly disappeared from newsstands across the country as determined dieters were ready for a “yummy” soup that’s a perfect meal the whole family will love when Fall nips the air.

Inspired by a study at Penn State that found eating soup can trigger you to consume up to 448 fewer calories per meal, this satisfying soup is an easy go-to recipe to help jumpstart long term weight control.

For those of you new to Fat Flush, the soup diet serves as a delicious entrée (pun intended) into the world of Fat Flush – a “pre-flush” if you will.

How does the Fat Flush Soup Diet work?
All you have to do is savor the soup twice a day – preferably at lunch and dinner. Throughout the day, sip on herbal teas, hot water with lemon, plain water or unsweetened cranberry juice with water (1 oz of juice to 7 ounces water) so that you are consuming at least 64 oz of liquid.

Start the day with a protein rich breakfast in the morning. I would personally suggest a Fat Flush Body Protein smoothie with its 20 grams of clean vegetarian based-proteins per serving to help kick-start glucagon, the protein-based hormone that mobilizes fat from storage. Or choose any of the easy protein-packed breakfasts, you will find in the Fat Flush Plan, Phase 1.

The results speak for themselves! One New Hampshire Woman’s World reader lost 11 lbs in one week, and another shed a whopping 10 lbs in just three days! Others dropped 6, 7, even 11 lbs within a week.

Find out how much you’ll lose with this super-filling recipe:

Fat Flush Soup Recipe

1 can (14 oz.) crushed tomatoes
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1 Tbs. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/4 cup each fresh cilantro and parsley leaves, chopped

Directions:
1. In saucepot over medium-high heat, cook oil 30 sec. or until heated. Add beef, turkey or chicken. Cook 5 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet; drain, if desired.

2. In same saucepot, cook onions, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic 5 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

3. Stir in next 6 ingredients and cooked meat. Add up to 1 cup water to thin soup, if desired. Cover; bring soup just to a simmer (do not let boil). Reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer 20 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro and parsley. Cover; let simmer 5 min. more. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired.

Soup can be stored up to 5 days in the refrigerator or frozen.

*Or for vegetarian option, omit meat and add another can of beans.

Serving size: 2 to 3 cups (makes 10 to 12 cups)

Soup Tweaks
What has made this Fat Flushing soup especially popular is that you can tweak the basic recipe to speed weight loss if you are a thyroid type and are tired, constipated, depressed or experience extremely dry skin; an adrenal type and are frequently stressed, crave salt, and lightheaded; a liver type, plagued by headaches and bloat; or are fending off yeast and are constantly craving carbs and have frequent GI distress.

Mix and match the various recipes and eat the soup that is designed to quell any of the symptoms you may be experiencing. All the tweaks blend beautifully together! To boost the thyroid, simply add two teaspoons of Seaweed Gomasio to provide thyroid nourishing iodine. Also add 1 cup of potassium-rich zucchini.

For adrenal healing, add ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt for added adrenal-supporting sodium and also add 4 to 5 cups of escarole and spinach for extra rich magnesium content.

To help detoxify the liver, add 1 teaspoon of turmeric which is a potent anti-inflammatory that enhances the liver’s ability to filter toxins.

And, for those fighting Candida or other types of yeast and fungus, consider substituting ½ cup grated daikon (a white radish) for the mushrooms— which can increase yeast in sensitive individuals. Double up on the yeast-fighting garlic (4 cloves) and add a small peeled and chopped eggplant which is rich in antifungal nutrients.

Get the Complete Soup Diet here.

What’s next?
After a week or so on the Fat Flush Soup Diet, move on to my classic Fat Flush program, outlined in my book, The Fat Flush Plan. If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, head to Phase 1. If you have less than 50 pounds to lose, head to Phase 2.

Note for Veteran Fat Flushers: For those of you currently following my classic Fat Flush program, please note the soup recipe would be most appropriate for Phase 3. If you are currently following Phase 1 or Phase 2, omit the beans from the soup recipe to stay on-plan.

Is soup “on” at your house yet?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Diet/Detox and tagged , , .

45 Responses to "My Fat Flush Soup Diet"

1. Terena Rouse says:

Do you have any tweeks for someone with acid reflux problems who can’t tolerate tomato based product (tomato juice in particular)?

• Sierra says:

Hi Terena,
      You’re welcome to use a low sodium chicken or beef broth in place of the tomato products. I made my own broth by roasting a chicken, pulling the meat (which I saved for the soup), and boiling the chicken bones and cartilage.
      Put the bones in a stock pot, cover with water, stir in a dash of apple cider vinegar and let set for 20 minutes to a half hour with no heat. Then add carrot, celery and onion, bring to a boil for half hour or longer. Skim any white foam that comes to the surface, and you’ve got yourself some chicken broth :)

2. Susan says:

This looks like a good recipe. Your website needs a printer friendly version so I can print it out.

3. Kim says:

How much soup is a serving?

4. Ruth says:

how long on the soup 1 to 2 weeks and take a brake or can you stay on it

• Sierra says:

Hi Ruth, 2 weeks would be a great jump start to any of the other Fat Flush programs, but you can follow the Soup Diet for up to 3 weeks at a time.

• Ruth says:

thank you I have a bad case of skin problems Found out I can’t be around mold and yeast So if you have anything else that I can do thank you Ben to a skin dr but no luck I am trying the soup in hope it will start me back on the road to health I take a lot of herbs also

5. Ruth says:

I am going to get your book to help me in so many ways

6. Bonnie says:

I did this last week and only ate it for 2 and 1/2 days, and I lost 2 lbs!

7. Cathy Lortie says:

What about for those of us who don’t eat meat? I can make my own substitutions, but will they be as effective?

• Sierra says:

You’re welcome to turn this recipe into a cioppino of sorts if you eat fish at all! You can also have tofu or tempeh once or twice a week :)

8. Shelly Eller says:

This is the best soup! I’m on my 2nd big pot, my whole family is eating it and it’s so healthy It makes you feel great!

9. Cuqui Ameneiro says:

Can you still have snacks? I am starting today and Idon’t want to mess up.

• Sierra says:

By all means, yes! You can have unlimited FF approved veggies, 2 eggs, and 1-2 servings of FF approved fruits daily.

10. Cyndi says:

I started a 40 day fast on September 1st for my church. I gave up everything but fish,
    tossed salad, low-cal dressings (50 cals. or less), eggs (usually boiled), fruits, almonds, almond milk, almond ice creams, water, & sometimes diet ice tea. At the
    end of 40 days, I lost 18 pounds before I hit a plateau. Then I was introduced to your
    books through Amazon.com, and now I’m very interested in getting started with your
    program. And I will, as soon as I can get the funds together to purches your books.
    I’m very excited and I can hardly wait.

11. Shil says:

Can you mix the soup into the 2 week smoothie shakedown?
    Have a shake for breakfast, soup for lunch or dinner?

• Sierra says:

Hi Shil, what you are describing is essentially the Fat Flush Soup Diet itself. A smoothie for breakfast, soup for lunch, soup for dinner, 2 eggs daily, and unlimited Fat Flushing veggies :)

12. Annique says:

Hello,

If I do not like mushrooms, is there something else I should replace it with or is it okay to just not include it?

13. Pingback: New Years Resolution | Things

14. Elaine says:

I love this recipe! shared the recipe with a friend and she made it with spicy veggie juice instead. I just tried it and it is great! It has even more of a kick to it.

15. Mary Mills says:

The soup is delicious and I can also say that drinking the water with cranberry along with eating this soup has actually made me feel much better. Dark Circles under my eyes that I’ve had forever are almost gone!

16. stephanie says:

how many calories are in a 3 cup serving?

• Sierra says:

The Fat Flush Plan group of dietary programs are not calorie-counting programs. This protocol, when followed correctly, will yield about 1500 calories per day.

17. stephanie says:

THE WOMENS WORLD MAGAZINE GIVE A BIT DIFFERENT SOUP RECIPE, OMITTING THE ZUCCHINI AND USES 32 OZ. OF TOMATO JUICE COCKTAIL IN THEIR RECIPE, INSTEAD OF 46 OZ. IN THIS RECIPE … WHY IS THAT? THEIR RECIPE CLAIMS TO MAKE 16 CUPS, BUT ACTUALLY ONLY MAKES 10-12 … IS THIS A MISPRINT?

• Sierra says:

Not a misprint. As with many recipes, some liquid may be lost during the simmering of the soup. You may either cover the soup to reduce the evaporation, or add water back in afterwards to reconstitute it.

18. Polly says:

If I’m on armour thyroid should I still use the thyroid version.

19. Tasha says:

I am so glad I found this blog. The only Women’s World magazine I forced myself to save was the one with this recipe in it! Now that I want to make it again (despite the “sausage breath” my bf says it gives me), I can’t find the magazine. Now I not only have the recipe, but other great tips! Thank you!

20. Debra says:

I have been recently diagnosed with osteoporosis and am refusing the medicine. I’m determined to win this battle with diet and exercise so I’ve begun a exercise program with some weight lifting in it. What can I add to this soup that might increase the calcium?

• Sierra says:

Hi Debra! Adding some dark leafy greens will provide lots of calcium- think spinach, kale, swiss chard, etc. Also, supplementing with the Fat Flush Whey Protein would provide a fair amount of calcium, along with lots of good amino acids to support muscle building that will protect your bones.

21. Liz says:

I’m on the two week smoothie shakedown. I would like to have this soup but not twice a day so can I do this and stay on the regular two drinks a day. Or maybe not have the soup every day.

22. Liz says:

what is cocktail sauce?

23. Liz says:

I am stil1 wanting to know exactly what to purchase for— bottle (46 oz.) reduced-sodium tomato or vegetable cocktail juice

I didn’t know exactly what it was so I just got spaghetti sauce. Are you talking about tomato juice?

24. Roopa says:

Hi, I am on cholesterol lowering medication and type 2 diabetic medication( Metformin). Last diet I followed with chicken every day for dinner , my blood work showed elevated cholesterol and I have given up eating meat. I eat once a week only.
    I have bought your book and how can I follow phase 1 without meat?
    Kindly let me know, greatly appreciated .

• Sierra says:

I would recommend that you continue eating free range or grass fed lean meats in small servings. You can substitute tofu 2 times per week. Whole eggs will be helpful, and lots of fibrous veggies to help remove bad cholesterol.

25. Teresa Saunders says:

I’m excited about trying this plan! Being a Diet Dr. Pepper addict… I’m wondering about the inclusion of reg tea with stevia and or Arizona Diet Green Tea! Help! The soup will not be the problem! Any Help?

• Sierra says:

Definitely stay away from “diet” tea, or beverages of any kind, but If you would like to include some tea sweetened with stevia, it will not significantly affect your results. The soup is delicious! Best wishes :)

26. Lorena says:

Which fruits are ok to eat for a snack?