• Categories

• Archives

Smoothie Shakedown Susan

Edge On Health Blog

Delicious Detox, Slimming Soup!

Woman's WorldFat Flush Makes Woman’s World Cover Story Again.

The October 3, 2011 Woman’s World is on newsstands now! It features my recipe—the one I exclusively created for Woman’s World readers­­—for a diet soup that helps to beat bloat and toxins while emulsifying fat. The soup’s slimming ingredients include lots of warming and earthy flavor-filled spices like cumin, for example, which helps the digestive system by relieving abdominal distention and gas and helps to alleviate migraines and headaches.

The Fat Flush Diet Soup also contains ample amounts of antioxidant rich veggies as well as lean ground protein (like beef, turkey or chicken) and fiber-filled beans to dramatically reduce appetite while regulating blood sugar and making you feel fuller—faster. The recipe in the magazine, however, does not specify the type of beans. I used black beans during the testing phase. Many of my Facebook fans have used black beans as well and found them to blend really well with the rest of the fat flushing ingredients.

SoupAs one of the best sources of fiber on the planet, beans typically contain anywhere from 11 grams to 17 grams of fiber per serving. That’s a pretty hefty amount for one food group when you consider that the daily recommendation is about 30-35 grams. In terms of fiber, no other food compares to the bountiful bean when it comes to fiber content.  And—because they are complex carbohydrates, beans digest slowly so you get sustained energy. You also get lots of antioxidants, vitamins, and phytochemicals while balancing your cholesterol at the same time.

Plus, beans are antibiotic, hormone, and steroid-free which makes them a really healthy stand-out compared to commercial sources of animal protein.

While your lunch and dinner meals are satisfied by the scrumptious soup with in-between snacks, you do have a choice for breakfast—either eggs or a smoothie.

To get you off to a high-metabolic start and set you up for less hunger throughout the day, I would recommend Fat Flush Body Protein for your smoothies.

body proteinFat Flush Body Protein contains a perfect blend of complete plant-based proteins (non-GMO rice and pea protein, to be exact) which provide a respectable 20 grams of protein compared to just 6 grams of protein in one egg.  Protein triggers the production of the hormone glucagon which releases fat from adipose tissue storage and counters insulin which promotes fat.

Without enough protein, the thyroid is not able to ignite the fuel that transforms food into energy. The adrenals can become exhausted, too.

Here is my personal favorite smoothie recipe to complement the Fat Flush Diet Soup:

Pumpkin Pie Harvest Smoothie

Pumpkin Smoothie

Pumpkin Smoothie

8 ounces of water or cran-water
1 scoop of Fat Flush Body Protein
½ cup unsweetened pumpkin
1 apple
1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
1 teaspoon Flora-Key
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground ginger and cloves
3 ice cubes

Combine all ingredients and blend on high speed. Add the ice cubes until thick and creamy. Refrigerate or freeze for later use.

Get the full Fat Flush Diet Soup recipe and meal plan in the October 3, 2011 issue of Woman’s World magazine on newsstands now—but, hurry because the next issue comes out at the end of the week!

Note: For those of you currently following my classic Fat Flush program, please note that this soup recipe would be most appropriate for Pre-flush or Phase 3. The Fat Flush Diet Soup was developed to introduce some basic Fat Flushing principles to a more mainstream audience. For those who are new to the Fat Flush program, I would suggest that you pick up a copy of The Fat Flush Plan for continued weight loss success.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Diet/Detox and tagged , , .

143 Responses to "Delicious Detox, Slimming Soup!"

← Older Comments
  1. Villa: Check out October 4th blog to see the complete Fat Flush Diet Soup Plan.

2. We are running a contest on FaceBook. Just go to facebook.com/annlouisegittleman and share a picture of you with your soup. Here are the details to post a picture:

Team ALG here: To post a picture for the contest, at the top of the page where it has the “share” box to post on the wall, choose “photo” instead of status – this will allow you to post a photo (upload from your computer)! Hope that helps!

3. Paula says:

it is my third day on the flush soup diet and i am sitll bloated and constipated. I followed your advice and its not working. will it eventually start to work after this week?

4. Paula says:

is there a private email i can use to contact dr. ann louise? I am having real problems with these diet and I would like to speak privately if possible?

5. Paula: Dr. Ann Louise is available by appointment only. Contact info@annlouise.com for a fee schedule and more information.
    BTW, if you are still having problems, you might simply omit the beans and see how you do!

6. Shana says:

Hi All! My husband and I have been doing this for 2 days. We are both down 1.5 lbs so far. Are there any variations to the soup recipe? I will make another batch tomorrow and would like a bit of variety. Thanks for your help!

7. You can vary the veggies and spices but to get the benefit, the foundational recipe is “it”!

8. Shana says:

Sorry, but can you list a few other veggies that would be “approved” for the soup? We are both having great success and would like to continue but want to be sure we do not add veggies that might not agree with the program.
    Thanks SO much for your help and your quick response!

9. jill says:

Would turnips and rutabagas be ok for the vegies on the snack list? I love them but, I am thinking they might have a high glycemic value? I am crossing my fingers on this one!

10. Jenn says:

What about using tofu? I saw the question asked before but no response. I am a vegetarian and really want to try this.

11. tyra says:

Hi!
    I am a few days into the Fat Smash Diet, but it’s not working (because the detox phase is killing me and I”m getting bored with food).
    My question is will this plan still work although I just tried another “detox”.? If I am already on restricted calories (ok, I’ve cheated…a lot) can this still work?

I want to get the book, but I’m wanting to give this one week “detox” a try before wasting money on the book (would be a waste to get the book if I find that the detox phase doesn’t work).

Also..can one consume coffee or green tea while on the plan?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Signed,
    Desperately wanting to lose 30lbs.

12. Jenn says:

I really want to know about using tofu….I was planning to make the soup and begin the plan tomorrow. Please let me know if it will be as effective. Thanks!!

13. JENNIFER says:

Can I add any kind of cheese to this soup?? Like a soy based cheese??

14. Sharron says:

I made the soup today and had a serving for dinner. I really enjoyed the soup but it gave me heartburn. Is this abnormal, should I be concerned?

Thanks!

15. Sierra says:

Jenn- tofu is permitted in small amounts, a couple times per week!

Jennifer- adding cheese will most likely affect you weight loss results, but would be fine for someone looking to maintain their weight. Soy products are not Fat Flush Friendly as they are high in copper and can increase estrogen, which creates a whole host of problems!

Sharron- My guess is that the heartburn was from the acidity in the tomatoes. You can try a 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in a glass of water after your next serving to see if that helps!

16. Norma says:

What kind of fruits and vegetables are acceptable on this diet???

17. Arlene says:

I made up this soup last night, but I only got 10 cups. The recipe says you should get 16. I thought I would have enough for 3 days. Did anyone else have this problem?

18. Sierra says:

Norma, you can see a list of approved fruits and veggies at http://www.smoothieshakedown.com

Arlene and Lora- I added one cup of water and one cup of no sodium broth. This is the best way to stretch the recipe (add as much as you like!)

19. Roseanna says:

I started the soup on Monday & on Thursday when I checked my weight I had lost 7.8 pounds. Waiting on the book. Can’t wait to continue with the great weight loss.
    Where can I purchase the fat flush protein mix?

20. Sharon Randolph says:

A friend of mine at work, and myself tried the soup diet for 3 days, and also cheated, but lost 4pds each, and have a ton of energy, it is an awesome soup and we love it….so much better than the cabbage soup diet, because you can change the beans and you can change the meat, I’m going to make another batch and follow it more seriously this time…So what if it dosen’t make as much as some of you glas thought it would, Just make some more, it does WORK and very healthy.

21. Sierra says:

Roseanna, What amazing results!! Congrats :) You can order the Fat Flush Body Protein online at http://www.unikeyhealth.com/product/fat_flush_body_protein/Fat_Flush_Weight_Loss or by calling 1.800.888.4353

Sharon- Thank you for sharing your success!

22. Becky says:

I wish you would publish the recipe for the soup …I purchased the magazine and then misplaced it. I really wanted to give it a try.

23. ivy says:

i’m going to buy all the things i need tomorrow ever since my bf and i got together we have gained weight about 10 or 15 pounds i’m hoping to lose it all in 3 weeks has anyone lost that much in 3 weeks and would working out throw off the diet?

24. Lavelle says:

does this diet work for men as well ? or is it just a women diet ?

25. Sierra says:

Ivy- I’m betting that you can achieve those kind of results with the right type of exercise! Try lighter activities like walking, stretching, yoga, and rebounding to help move your lymph and shed the extra pounds quickly.

Lavelle- I have heard some amazing results from both men and women following this diet.

26. Donna says:

I wanted to detox after Thanksgiving. I’m 10 pounds heavier than usual so I’m not too much overweight – currently 130. I’m having trouble consuming the amount of food on the plan. I used the egg recipe this morning and had trouble finishing it. I wasn’t even slightly hungry for 5 hours after that. At that time, I ate 1 1/2 cups of the soup and felt very full. I ate another 1 1/2 cups 4 hours later. I don’t think I can eat another 3 cups before the day is over. Do you have to eat all of what’s suggested? I couldn’t even begin to eat the snacks.

27. Sierra says:

I would cut the portion to whatever you’re comfortable with- probably 1 cup. To keep your metabolism revved up, it is recommended to eat every 3-4 hours, so plan your portions to allow you to do that!

28. Susan says:

I am doing the One Day Detox tomorrow and was wondering if I can follow it up the following day with this Soup Diet or do I have to do the 3 day sequel for the Detox before moving to this Soup? It seems it would work ok. It sounds like alot of people are getting good results just from the Soup so maybe I should just skip the Detox all together? Any suggestions?

29. Brandie says:

Is it okay for me to double the recipe so my fiance and I can have plenty for the week?

30. lisa says:

Absolutely. It makes wonderful meals this time of year.

31. Sierra says:

Hi Susan-
    Many people have been experiencing dramatic weight loss results from the soup diet alone! So that is certainly an option. If you were using it as a follow up to the Fast Track Detox Diet, i highly recommend adding spinach or kale to the soup, or focusing on getting plenty of fresh greens along with your daily intake of soup.

Brandie- Go for it girl! It keeps well in the fridge for about 5 days, and may also be frozen!

32. Josie DIaz says:

I started my diet on Tuesday 1/10, wieghed my self at doctors office on Friday and I already lost 7 pounds!!!

The weekend is the hardest as I am home all day, not as busy and there is always some place we need to go; BD, Annivesary party, Family BBQ! That was the hardest , but I kept to my diet, munched on salad and drank lots of peppermint tea.

33. Josie DIaz says:

TO ADMINISTRATOR:

The meats that were chosen are all farily high in protien. I have my husband on the diet with me and he does not care for red meats or turkey. CHicken is what we have used and he asked if we could sub the meat for shrimp?

34. Amber says:

Not even a pinch of salt to the soup ?

35. Sierra says:

Hi Josie, Feel free to use shrimp!

Amber, as per Fat Flush protocol, you may add 1/4 teaspoon salt per day to the food you eat if you tend to have low blood pressure.

36. Terry says:

Do you know the calories per serving — looks like the slimming soup is 2 to 3 cups/serving.
    Made either with….
    1. Lean All White Turkey
    2. Skinless Chicken Breast
    3. Sirloin Ground Beef

37. lisa says:

Terry: This soup combination is not about the calories. It’s the combination of foods and having enough protein to rev up your metabolism. Any of the means you mentioned will work really well.

38. Mitzi says:

Hello, I would like to know if adding celery is ok, but not omit anything. also will I get the same results if I can only eat 2-3 cups per day? and once again do I have to add the protein powder to smoothies and flaxseeds? Its really hard to eat that much in a day, I did try it 3 days but cheated so Im being more serious now, I have to ;ose 15 lbs yet this month before the 23rd. Thank you so much! have a great day!

39. liz says:

You do need to have enough protein while you are doing this plan. You definiately need to have the protein powder in the smoothies. The flaxseeds are helpful, but you could even put them in your soup. Hope you did well!

40. rochell b says:

What about substitutions for animal protein in the soup?

← Older Comments